IRC20- Insect rearing chamber
One door insect rearing chamber
IRC20- ONE DOOR INSECT REARING CHAMBER
The IRC20 one door insect rearing chamber is used by scientists in many research areas, from genomics to clinical epidemiology and species conservation. This chamber not only can be used in drosophila research but also in many types of insect growing projects.
Chamber features all stainless steel interior and exterior construction with 2″ polyurethane CFC free insulation.
Chamber features a digital Watlow or equivalent PID temperature control and display along with precision PT100 RTD temperature sensor.
Cabinet standard features
- Stainless Steel Exterior & Interior
- Maintains temperatures between 10°c to 40°c
- Temp and Humidity controller that displays both PV/SV
- LED interior light with programmable digital diurnal timer
- Recessed Door Handle
- Door locks standard
- 2″ access port
- Magnetic door gasket standard for positive door seal
- Pre-Installed 4″casters with bumper brakes
- Three (3) Pre-Installed shelves per section
- Back wall plenum for even distribution of conditioned air
Chamber uses thermoelectric assembly for heating and cooling. This type of cooling/heating system completely eliminates need for conventional refrigeration system and failures due to mechanical components such as compressors thereby drastically increasing the life expectancy of each chamber. Maintenance cost is also lowered by the thermoelectric/Peltier driven heating/cooling system. The chamber is quiet while in operation. Chamber temperature set points are tightly controlled using PID controller. Relative humidity set points are achieved via additive ultrasonic humidification. A humidifier is mounted on the back of the chamber. Refer to humidifier manual for maintenance and water line hook up.
Standard Temperature control features:
- Control and monitor via Bluetooth App
- Simplifies Controller Management with Easy-to-Operate Graphic User Interface,LED display, Autotune capability
- Provides Access to Advanced Scripting Capabilities
- Save Controller Parameters
- Access Stored Parameters
- Log Controller Data
- Control access via software
- 2 programmable alarm
- IP-65 Panel (front panel splash proof)
- CRC protocol correction build in for error free communication
- Visually interpret thermal data
- Set multiple target temperatures and program steps for advanced applications like thermal cycling
- Save and load script parameters from stored files on your disk drive
- Multiple jumps and loops function for complex testing profile
Standard Humidity control features:
- 3% accuracy over the entire input range
- Displays both the set point and actual relative humidity
- On/off controller is standard. if you need PID controller with tighter control up to 1% RH- please contact us.
- A fast response, capacitive relative humidity sensor is included. It has high accuracy, high reliability, consistency
- Dual alarm outputs with 10+ activation methods/situation
- High brightness, large LED display – easily read from distance
10°C to 40°C
50% to 80% at operating temperatures of 15°c to 28°c
% RH control (optional)
Temperature control at sensor
Thermoelectric/Peltier driven-for heating/Cooling
Chamber Volume in Cu. Ft
28″×31″×81″ (refer to drawing)
24″ x 27″ x 60″ (refer to drawing)- height includes plenum which is 5″H.
23.5” x 24.5”
Stainless interior and exterior construction
LED lights with timer.
115V/60hz/1ph, Unit plugs into standard wall outlet.
Shelf quantity, type
3 per chamber/ additional shelves available, wire shelf- PVC coated with 4 installation clips. Shelf capacity- 100 lbs distributed load.
Chamber weight- 210lbs
Shipping weight- 254 lbs
Note: Final finished product(chambers) may vary due to different options than what is shown in pictures. Canden products company reserves right to make changes without notice.