IRC20- One door Insect rearing chamber
One door insect rearing chamber
IRC20- ONE DOOR INSECT REARING CHAMBER
The IRC20 one door insect rearing chamber is used by scientists in many research areas, from genomics to clinical epidemiology and species conservation. The one door insect rearing chamber/insect growth chamber/ insect incubator not only can be used in growing, raising, incubating various types of insects including fruit fly, mosquito growth, crickets etc.
Canden one door insect rearing chamber features all stainless steel interior and exterior construction with 2″ polyurethane CFC free insulation.
Chamber features a digital Fuji/Watlow or equivalent PID temperature control and display along with precision PT100 RTD temperature sensor.
Chamber features standard safety features like high and low temperature and humidity alarm, high temp cut off switch, alarm notification at controller.
Cabinet standard features
- Stainless Steel Exterior & Interior
- Maintains temperatures between 10°c to 40°c
- Temp and Humidity controller that displays both PV/SV
- LED interior light with programmable digital diurnal timer
- Recessed Door Handle
- Door locks standard
- 2″ access port
- Magnetic door gasket standard for positive door seal
- Pre-Installed 4″casters with bumper brakes
- Three (3) Pre-Installed shelves per section
- Back wall plenum for even distribution of conditioned air
IRC20 one door insect rearing chamber/insect growth chamber/ insect incubator uses thermoelectric assembly for heating and cooling. This type of cooling/heating system completely eliminates need for conventional refrigeration system and failures due to mechanical components such as compressors thereby drastically increasing the life expectancy of each chamber. Maintenance cost is also lowered by the thermoelectric/Peltier driven heating/cooling system. The chamber is quiet while in operation. Chamber temperature set points are tightly controlled using PID controller. Relative humidity set points are achieved via additive ultrasonic humidification. A humidifier is mounted on the back of the chamber. Refer to humidifier manual for maintenance and water line hook up.
Canden one door Insect growth reach-in chambers is capable of performing the following functions,
1. Heating and cooling incubators with temperature range from 2°c to 60°c
2. Heated incubators with temperature range of 30°c to 60°c
3. Humidified incubators with temperature range of 10°c to 40°C and humidity range of 50% to 80% at certain operating dew points. With this option IRC20 is used as an insect incubator with humidity control. Humidity control includes an ultrasonic humidifier, humidity controller and %RH sensor.
We have narrowed down that most of the standard insect rearing incubator operates in temperature range between 10°c to 40°c therefore we have published this temperature range as standard on all our insect growth models.If your research needs more wider range please let our sales associates know and we can widen the range of the chamber. Most competitors use compressors for cooling and high voltage heaters for heating whereas our insect growth incubators use thermoelectric cooling and heating units. This unique bidirectional system keeps your insect rearing chamber temperature setting stable and comfortable for raising, rearing, incubating various types of insects from fruit fly to mosquito. Also, we use no moving mechanical parts except for air distribution fans- this drastically increases the lifetime of the chamber.We back this up with industry leading warranty and reliable service.
The humidified incubator(optional) comes with ultrasonic humidifier which ensures there are no hot spots in the chamber. Our controllers and temperature controlled systems can easily be swapped for future upgrades. Our stainless steel cabinets are built to last for a long time. We offer stainless steel cabinets as opposed to competitors who offer stainless steel as an upgrade. Even though our chamber is made out of stainless steel our insect growth chambers price are not expensive and is priced competitively. Canden insect growth chamber can be fitted with many number of optional features including access ports of your desired size and location, circular chart recorder, digital chart recorder etc.
Standard Temperature control features:
- Control and monitor via Bluetooth App (Watlow model)
- Simplifies Controller Management with Easy-to-Operate Graphic User Interface,LED display, Autotune capability
- Provides Access to Advanced Scripting Capabilities
- Save Controller Parameters
- Access Stored Parameters
- Log Controller Data
- Control access via software
- 2 programmable alarm
- IP-65 Panel (front panel splash proof)
- CRC protocol correction build in for error free communication
- Visually interpret thermal data
- Set multiple target temperatures and program steps for advanced applications like thermal cycling
- Save and load script parameters from stored files on your disk drive
- Multiple jumps and loops function for complex testing profile
- *Note: We offer 2 controller models- Not all features may be available in one controller- Please refer to controller spec. sheet.
Standard Humidity control features:
- Humidity control features
- Ultrasonic humidification- this method of humidification eliminates hotspots inside chamber and provides uniform relative humidity setup
- Microprocessor based humidity control. Tight control up to 0.5% available and humidity uniformity of 3%.
- Standard controller features LED display of SV/PV and provides tight control of relative humidity.
- Programmable alarm features via controller.
- Humidifier and humidity controller is integrated with various safety features designed.
- 3% accuracy over the entire input range
- Displays both the set point and actual relative humidity
- On/off controller is standard. if you need PID controller with tighter control up to 1% RH- please contact us.
- A fast response, capacitive relative humidity sensor is included. It has high accuracy, high reliability, consistency
- Dual alarm outputs with 10+ activation methods/situation
- High brightness, large LED display – easily read from distance
- Humidity control features
10°C to 40°C
50% to 80% at operating temperatures of 15°c to 28°c
% RH control (optional)
Temperature control at sensor
Thermoelectric/Peltier driven-for heating/Cooling
Chamber Volume in Cu. Ft
28″×31″×81″ (refer to drawing)
24″ x 27″ x 60″ (refer to drawing)- height includes plenum which is 5″H.
23.5” x 24.5”
Stainless interior and exterior construction
LED lights with timer.
115V/60hz/1ph, Unit plugs into standard wall outlet.
Shelf quantity, type
3 per chamber/ additional shelves available, wire shelf- PVC coated with 4 installation clips. Shelf capacity- 100 lbs distributed load.
Chamber weight- 210lbs
Shipping weight- 254 lbs
Note: Final finished product(chambers) may vary due to different options than what is shown in pictures. Canden products company reserves right to make changes without notice.