IRCGD-Glass door model
Insect rearing chamber
IRCGD-INSECT REARING CHAMBER
The IRCGD glass door insect rearing chamber is used by scientists in many research areas, from genomics to clinical epidemiology and species conservation. This particular insect rearing chamber not only can be used in drosophila research but also in many types of insect growing projects.
Chamber features all stainless steel interior and exterior construction with 2″ polyurethane CFC free insulation.
Cabinet standard features
- Stainless steel exterior & interior
- Temp and Humidity controller that displays both PV/SV
- LED interior light with programmable digital diurnal timer
- Self-closing door(s) with automatic
stay open feature
- Recessed door handle(s)
- Magnetic door gasket
- Double pane glass door
- 2″ access ports
- Pre-installed 4″ casters with brakes
- NEMA-5-15P plug standard
- Four(4) pre-installed shelves per section
- Door locks standard
Chamber uses thermoelectric assembly for heating and cooling. This type of cooling/heating system completely eliminates need for conventional refrigeration system and failures due to mechanical components such as compressors thereby drastically increasing the life expectancy of each chamber. Maintenance cost is also lowered by the thermoelectric/Peltier driven heating/cooling system. The chamber is quiet while in operation. Chamber temperature setpoints are tightly controlled using PID controller. Relative humidity set points are achieved via additive ultrasonic humidification. A humidifier is mounted on the back of the chamber. Refer to humidifier manual for maintenance and water line hook up.
Standard Temperature control features:
- Panel mount-usb cable interface
- Simplifies Controller Management with Easy-to-Operate Graphic User Interface,LED display, Autotune capability
- Provides Access to Advanced Scripting Capabilities
- Save Controller Parameters
- Access Stored Parameters
- Log Controller Data
- Control access via software
- 2 programmable alarm
- IP-65 Panel (front panel splash proof)
- CRC protocol correction build in for error free communication
- Visually interpret thermal data
- Set multiple target temperatures and program steps for advanced applications like thermal cycling
- Save and load script parameters from stored files on your disk drive
- Multiple jumps and loops function for complex testing profile
Standard Humidity control features:
- 3% accuracy over the entire input range
- Displays both the set point and actual relative humidity
- On/off controller is standard. if you need PID controller with tighter control up to 1% RH- please contact us.
- A fast response, capacitive relative humidity sensor is included. It has high accuracy, high reliability, consistency
- Dual alarm outputs with 10+ activation methods/situation
- High brightness, large LED display – easily read from distance
10°C to 40°C
50% to 80% at operating temperatures of 15°c to 28°c
% RH control (optional)
Temperature control at sensor
Thermoelectric/Peltier driven-for heating/Cooling
Chamber Volume in Cu. Ft
27″×31″×81″ (refer to drawing)
22.25″ x 25.25″ x 60″ (refer to drawing)- height includes plenum which is 5″H.
21.75” x 24.875”
Stainless interior and exterior construction
LED lights with programmable digital timer.
115V/60hz/1ph, Unit plugs into standard wall outlet.
Shelf quantity, type
3 per chamber/ additional shelves available, wire shelf- PVC coated with 4 installation clips. Shelf capacity- 100 lbs distributed load.
Chamber weight- 293bs
Shipping weight- 326 lbs
Note: Final finished product(chambers) may vary due to different options than what is shown in pictures. Canden products company reserves right to make changes without notice.