GC3- Bench-top Plant Growth chamber
Bench-top plant growth chamber
GC3- Bench-top Plant Growth Chamber- 84L model
The GC3 Bench-top plant growth chamber is designed for botanical and agricultural research applications including seed germination studies, plant pathology, and generic plant research. Chamber design accommodates plant, animal and culture studies, research and growth.
GC3 Plant growth incubator/chamber construction features a unique double shell-filled with commercial-grade polyurethane material for optimal insulation. Inlaid sealing ring and nylon latch for enhanced seal/performance. The chamber is made out of LLPDE material shell.
Chamber features a digital Watlow, Fuji or equivalent PID temperature control and display along with precision PT100 RTD temperature sensor and RH sensor. Chamber is made out of good quality material.
We offer good service and warranty. Reach out to our sales department for same day quote.
What are plant growth chambers?
Plant growth chambers are special type of environmental test chambers which are designed to perform plant growth experiments inside laboratory. The aim of a plant growth chamber is to create such atmospheric conditions responsible for effective plant germination and growth. In such chambers or cabinets, humidity, temperature and lights are controlled in such a way that the user can create desired environment essential for examining growth of a particular plant.
Plant growth chambers are widely used in research field to study crop productivity. Plant related agriculture research and development are the prime applications of these units; plant breeding, plant nutrition, photosynthesis are some of areas where plant growth chambers play an important role. Plant categories may vary such as cereal, arabidopsis, algae, tobacco, physcomitrella, fungi, medicago, weeds, soybeans, potatoes and other commercial crops and horticulture plants etc.
|Excellent temperature stability||Unparalleled light efficiency|
|High quality fluorescent lamps||Automatic microprocessor controls|
|Insulated panels||Stainless steel inner and outer construction|
|High and low limit temperature protection||Printer and temperature chart recorder(Optional)|
|LED/LCD Bright display of SV/PV||Adjustable shelving arrangement|
|Uniform air flow inside chamber||Provision to connect with PC|
|User programmable alarm settings||Humidity up to 95%|
Canden Reach-in Plant growth incubators, growth chambers and uses high performance thermoelectric coolers which enables the incubator to maintain set points with relative ease. The control system includes a unique electronic board which enables bidirectional control over the thermoelectric system. This system is easier to replace and maintain.
The Reach-in plant growth incubator/ chambers have an optional additive humidity. Humidification is done via ultrasonic humidifier and a controller that displays both process and set value. The GC20 and GC40 have 3 levels of lighting per door/per section.
|Agriculture Industries||Crop Motivation||Crop Genetic Engineering|
|Plant Breeding||Micro Biology||Photosynthesis|
|Bio Chemistry||Genetic Research||Biological Studies|
|Arabidopsis||Entomology Research||Tissue Culture|
Grasslin digital light timer which enables multiple timer setting per day/7 days a week. Chamber also comes with optional PWM Featured Manual light dimming feature. There is optional outlets inside the chamber to enable user to plug in other devices.
3 level of lighting is standard.
LED Grow Light for Indoor Plants,Sun-Like Full Spectrum Panel Plant Light with IR & UV LED Bulbs for Seedling/Veg/Blooming/Succulents
Cabinet standard features
- Stainless Steel Exterior & Interior
- Maintains temperatures between 10°c to 40°c(Lights ON)
- Temp and Humidity controller that displays both PV/SV
- LED interior light with programmable digital diurnal timer
- Recessed Door Handle
- Door locks standard
- 2″ access port
- Magnetic door gasket standard for positive door seal
- Pre-Installed 4″casters with bumper brakes
- Four Pre-Installed shelves per section
- Back wall plenum for even distribution of conditioned air
This Growth Chamber uses thermoelectric assembly for heating and cooling. This type of cooling/heating system completely eliminates need for conventional refrigeration system and failures due to mechanical components such as compressors thereby drastically increasing the life expectancy of each chamber. Maintenance cost is also lowered by the thermoelectric/Peltier driven heating/cooling system. The plant growth chamber is quiet while in operation. Chamber temperature set points are tightly controlled using PID controller. Relative humidity set points are achieved via additive ultrasonic humidification. A humidifier is mounted on the back of the chamber. Refer to humidifier manual for maintenance and water line hook up.
Standard Temperature control features:
- Control and monitor via Bluetooth App (Watlow model)
- Simplifies Controller Management with Easy-to-Operate Graphic User Interface,LED display, Autotune capability
- Provides Access to Advanced Scripting Capabilities
- Save Controller Parameters
- Access Stored Parameters
- Log Controller Data
- Control access via software
- 2 programmable alarm
- IP-65 Panel (front panel splash proof)
- CRC protocol correction build in for error free communication
- Visually interpret thermal data
- Set multiple target temperatures and program steps for advanced applications like thermal cycling
- Save and load script parameters from stored files on your disk drive
- Multiple jumps and loops function for complex testing profile
- *Note: We offer 2 controller models- Not all features may be available in one controller- Please refer to controller spec. sheet.
Standard Humidity control features:
- 3% accuracy over the entire input range
- Displays both the set point and actual relative humidity
- On/off controller is standard. if you need PID controller with tighter control up to 1% RH- please contact us.
- A fast response, capacitive relative humidity sensor is included. It has high accuracy, high reliability, consistency
- Dual alarm outputs with 10+ activation methods/situation
- High brightness, large LED display – easily read from distance
10°C to 40°C(Lights ON)- Low temp option upto 4°c ( lights OFF) available).
50% to 80% at operating temperatures of 15°c to 28°c
% RH control (optional)
Temperature control at sensor
Thermoelectric/Peltier driven-for heating/Cooling
Chamber Volume in Cu. Ft
27″ x 22″ x 23.5″
21″ x 13.5″ x 20″
18″L x 12.5″D
LED or Fluorescent lights with timer. 1 LEVELS of lighting.
115V/60hz/1ph/3a, Unit plugs into standard wall outlet.
Shelf quantity, type
2 per chamber/ additional shelves available, wire shelf. Shelf capacity- 25 lbs distributed load.
Chamber weight- 35lbs
Shipping weight- 50lbs
Note: Final finished product(chambers) may vary due to different options than what is shown in pictures. Canden products company reserves right to make changes without notice.