Reach-in Drosophila Incubator
Canden Drosophila incubator offer a comfortable and controlled environment for breeding, rearing, incubating or experimenting with various insects. The fruit fly growth Chamber is equipped with PID controller capable of maintaining tight control over the entire temperature range. The controller displays both process value and set value- enabling users to keep tabs on real time chamber process and set point. The fruit fly growth chamber includes safety features such has high and low temp alarms, high temp safety cut off switch, alarm notification at controller.
Canden drosophila incubator/Fruit flies growth chamber uses high performance thermoelectric coolers which enables the incubator to maintain set points with relative ease. The control system includes a unique electronic board which enables bidirectional control over the thermoelectric system. This system is easier to replace and maintain.
Canden drosophila rearing chamber have an optional additive humidity. Humidification is done via ultrasonic humidifier and a controller that displays both process and set value.
Temperature: 18°c to 32°c
Relative Humidity: 50% to 80%RH ( additive humidification only)
Cabinet construction(20,40 & GDM series):
Standard feature include:
- Top Mount thermoelectric and control system for ease of use and service
- Premium Stainless Steel Exterior & Interior which enables easier cleaning and maintenance
- LED interior lights
- Recessed Door Handles
- Door locks
- Magnetic door gaskets standard for positive door seal
- Pre-Installed casters
- Three (3) Pre-Installed shelves per section
- Back wall plenum to ensure uniform distribution of conditioned air
- 2″ access port
- Chamber uses thermoelectric assembly for heating and cooling. This type of cooling/heating system completely eliminates need for conventional refrigeration system and failures due to mechanical components such as compressors thereby drastically increasing the life expectancy of each chamber. Maintenance cost is also lowered by the thermoelectric/Peltier driven heating/cooling system. The chamber is quiet (less than 55dba) while in operation. Chamber temperature setpoints are tightly controlled using PID controller.
Standard Humidity features:
- Humidity control features
- Ultrasonic humidification- this method of humidification eliminates hotspots inside chamber and provides uniform relative humidity setup
- Microprocessor based humidity control. Tight control up to 0.5% available and humidity uniformity of 3%.
- Standard controller features LED display of SV/PV and provides tight control of relative humidity.
- Programmable alarm features via controller.
- Humidifier and humidity controller is integrated with various safety features designed.
- 3% accuracy over the entire input range
- Displays both the set point and actual relative humidity
- On/off controller is standard. if you need PID controller with tighter control up to 1% RH- please contact us.
- A fast response, capacitive relative humidity sensor is included. It has high accuracy, high reliability, consistency
- Dual alarm outputs with 10+ activation methods/situation
- High brightness, large LED display – easily read from distance
- Humidity control features
Annual conferences involved in drosophila research:
Genetics society of america journal link: